CULTURAL ENCOUNTERS BLOG REFLECTION
On your Cultural Encounters blog, make a new post and complete the followiong reflection. Be sure to use complete sentences and write in paragraphs.
1. What was one thing you learned from the simulations we played in class? How did this help you understand the essential questions better?
Well one of them we learned how hard it would be to survive if you were a colonist. Like the shortage of food and needing to work much harder to stay alive especially in the begging . So it helped me by getting to learn a bit more about the colonists.
2. Reading was a part of Cultural Encounters. When you read the books you were asked to think about your reading. What did you learn about your reading while doing this?
The reading helped me because it gave me small clues about how fur traders where and what they did. But Mr.Daw helped me more because the books didn't tell me that much. So like Mr.Daw told me the important information while the books helped me with extra learning.
3. Did the journal entries help you to better understand your character? Why or why not? Explain in detail.
Yes, a bit because they told me what might thew fears have been sitting at the dock being really scared about your future. I mean I got a knew thinking level for it. But it was my own character so some of I just had to make up.
4. What was the best part of your presentation? How could it have been improved?
I think my presentation was really good because it was only me and Pablo in the presentation. And what we could have done to get it better might have been to research a bit more. And the best part was when we threw our things in the fire.
5. What was the biggest learning you gained from this unit? Explain with details.
The biggest thing that I learned was probably that the colonist really had a harsh time when they landed in the US because they really had to give up there homes and really leave for good. I mean I have moved before but the times that I have moved where only minor moves like moving to Hong Kong, New Delhi, Dhaka and Stockholm.